On my blog today is another basket that I made. This time I used the Easter Egg Fold-It from The Stamps of Life. I just love the fold-it cards. They are A2 in size so will fit inside an A2 size envelope. Instead of making a card, I decided to turn it into a basket using the box die from The Stamps of Life.
There is a tutorial on my YouTube channel for making this adorable basket. I also included directions in my blog post. Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and blog for more card making inspiration!
First, using Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper, I used Spectrum Sparkle markers to color across the page starting with the first color and then adding the two other colors. The colors I used were Solar Red, Emerald Green, and Blue Topaz.
Next, I smoothed out the colors by going over them from left to right with a wet paint brush.
Next, I was ready to die cut the egg shape. In the package, there are two egg dies — a larger one and a slightly smaller one. The larger one is for cutting the shadow layer and the smaller one is for cutting the top layer.
With a piece of Ocean card stock, I used the larger egg-shaped die to cut the shadow layer (background layer). Next, I cut the water colored piece of paper down to a good size to fit through my die cut machine. I added double-sided adhesive to the back and then placed the smaller egg die face down and the top layering piece inside of the egg die. After running this though the die cut machine, I pealed away the adhesive from the back and adhered the piece to the Ocean-colored egg die cut piece. I adhered the flowers from the die cut back onto the egg shape; however, when adding the flowers back, I adhered them to the egg front with the intention of mixing up the flower colors so they stand out more.
Next, I added epoxy dots to the center of the flowers.
I repeated this entire process one more time so that I had two eggs — one for the front and one for the back of the box.
Next, I used the Box-It die to die cut the piece that holds the basket together. I folded it on the score lines and then placed double-sided adhesive on the front edges on both sides. Next, I adhered the edges to the egg.
I ended up using the Box-It die to die cut another piece which I used only the middle section to add another piece to the bottom of the egg so that it would stand up straight. Because the egg is oval, if this extra piece wasn’t used, the box would end up tilting to the side.
Finally, I added some Easter grass and some goodies inside the basket.
- Easter Egg Fold-it (The Stamps of Life)
- Box It Die (The Stamps of Life)
- Ocean Card Stock (The Stamps of Life)
- Strathmore Bristol Smooth Paper
- Spectrum Sparkle Markers, Summer Time (Colors: Emerald Green, Blue Topaz, and Solar Red)
- Sparkle and Sprinkle 2 1/2 inch double-sided Tear-ific Tape
- Sparkle and Sprinkle 1/4 inch double-sided Tear-ific Tape
- Paint brush
- Epoxy dots (The ones I used are from The Stamps of Life, however, they were free with a class I took. They do not have them for sale on their website.)
Follow me for more card inspiration:
- Blog – https://lisamearscarddesigns.com/
- Instagram – lisamears619
- Facebook – Lisa Mears Card Designs
- Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/mears619/
- You Tube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCp-UZ6zIWzz8XC5xjE1Xeg