Hello crafty friends.
I’m sharing a card I made using the Pretty Pink Posh XOXO stamp set. For my card, I’m going to add it to a watercolor background full of reds and pinks. This card is perfect for Valentine’s Day or just to send a card of love.
If you would like to see how I made my this card, be sure to check out my video below or on YouTube.
For the card background, I used a piece of Bristol Smooth cardstock and I created a blend of beautiful reds and pinks using Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens. These pens are watercolor pens and any watercolor pens would work with this technique. I started at the top of the cardstock by adding ink from left to right with my darkest color and ended at the bottom of the cardstock with my lightest color. I added the colors in the following order: Deep Red, Carmine Red, Pink, Peach Pink, and Sugared Almond Pink. After adding the ink to the cardstock, I used a water brush to spread the ink. I love how beautifully the ink colors blended together. Next, I flicked some gold pigment ink onto the background. I set the background aside to dry.
I stamped the large XOXO stamp onto Bristol Smooth Cardstock and colored the images. I die cut the XOXO stamp with the coordinating dies. I added the XOXO stamp to the watercolor background.
I stamped the sentiment “Happy Valentine’s Day“ onto vellum with Versamark ink and added gold embossing powder.
Finally, I added the watercolor background to a piece of gold cardstock. I used gold cardstock to bring out the splatters of gold in the watercolor background and in the sentiment. Finally, I added it to an A2 card base.
If you want to see how I made this card, watch my video on YouTube.
- Pretty Pink Posh XOXO Stamp Set
- Pretty Pink Posh XOXO Die Set
- Delicata Golden Glitz Ink
- Brutus Monroe Gilded Embossing Powder
- Lawn Fawn Vellum
- Pink and Main Magic Antistatic Brush
- Tim Holtz Metallic Classics Cardstock
- Bristol Smooth Cardstock
- Versafine Onyx Black Ink
- Versamark Ink
- Spellbinders Platinum Diecutting and Embossing Machine 8.5″ Platform
- Misti Stamping Tool
- Wendy Vecchi Make Art Stay-tion
- Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue
Thank you so much for stopping by today. Have a wonderful day!
Follow me for more inspiration:
- Blog – https://lisamearsdesigns.com/
- Instagram – LisaMearsDesigns
- Facebook – Lisa Mears Designs
- Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/lisamearsdesigns/
- You Tube – https://www.youtube.com/c/LisaMearsDesigns
- Etsy – https://www.etsy.com/shop/LisaMearsDesigns