Hello! Today I am sharing a fun birthday card that I made using the Circle Dots stencil from The Stamps of Life. In addition to the stencil, I also used the pinatas2stamp and matching dies.
I started with a piece of powered sugar cardstock cut to 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″. To create the fun background, I placed the stencil on top of the cardstock and ink-blended the following color inks — cantaloupe, kiwi, seaglass, and sunshine.
Using Spectrum Noir Finesse Noir Black ink, I stamped the piñata image onto Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Cardstock and colored it with my Copic markers. I selected Copic markers that matched closely to the inks that I used for the background. The die cut the piñata with the piñata shadow die from the Pinanta2Stamp dies and adhered it with dimensional foam to the front of the card. I also used the Pinanta2Stamp dies and die cut the star shapes out of the cardstock colors – sunshine, kiwi, and seaglass. I adhered the star pieces to the centers of the circle dots stencil on the card layer.
I stamped the sentiment with Licorice ink directly onto the background. The sentiment is from the Pinanta2Stamp stamp set. I adhered cantaloupe epoxy dots to the middle of the stars.
The entire card layer was adhered to a piece of cantaloupe cardstock cut to an A2 size card base which measures 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″.
Video Tutorial here –
- Inks – Cantaloupe, Kiwi, Seaglass, Sunshine,
- Circle Dots Stencil
- Pinata2Stamp Dies
- Cardstock: Cantaloupe, Kiwi, Seaglass, Sunshine, Powdered Sugar
- Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Cardstock (for alcohol marker coloring)
- Spectrum Noir Finesse Noir Black Ink
- Art Glitter Glue
- Epoxy Dots
- Copic Markers
Follow me for more inspiration:
- Blog – https://lisamearscarddesigns.com/
- Instagram – LisaMearsCardDesigns
- Facebook – Lisa Mears Card Designs
- Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/lisamearscarddesigns/
- You Tube – https://www.youtube.com/c/LisaMearsCardDesigns
4 thoughts on “Circle Dots Stencil Birthday Card”
Love it. More great coloring.
Thank you Carol
Absolutely gorgeous!!!! Love your details and colors!!! Thanks for sharing this card and your awesome tips!!! 💙💕💙