Hello! Today I am sharing a fun birthday card that I made using the Circle Dots stencil from The Stamps of Life. In addition to the stencil, I also used the pinatas2stamp and matching dies.
I started with a piece of powered sugar cardstock cut to 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″. To create the fun background, I placed the stencil on top of the cardstock and ink-blended the following color inks — cantaloupe, kiwi, seaglass, and sunshine.
Using Spectrum Noir Finesse Noir Black ink, I stamped the piñata image onto Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Cardstock and colored it with my Copic markers. I selected Copic markers that matched closely to the inks that I used for the background. The die cut the piñata with the piñata shadow die from the Pinanta2Stamp dies and adhered it with dimensional foam to the front of the card. I also used the Pinanta2Stamp dies and die cut the star shapes out of the cardstock colors – sunshine, kiwi, and seaglass. I adhered the star pieces to the centers of the circle dots stencil on the card layer.
I stamped the sentiment with Licorice ink directly onto the background. The sentiment is from the Pinanta2Stamp stamp set. I adhered cantaloupe epoxy dots to the middle of the stars.
The entire card layer was adhered to a piece of cantaloupe cardstock cut to an A2 size card base which measures 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″.
Video Tutorial here –
- Inks – Cantaloupe, Kiwi, Seaglass, Sunshine,
- Circle Dots Stencil
- Pinata2Stamp Dies
- Cardstock: Cantaloupe, Kiwi, Seaglass, Sunshine, Powdered Sugar
- Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Cardstock (for alcohol marker coloring)
- Spectrum Noir Finesse Noir Black Ink
- Art Glitter Glue
- Epoxy Dots
- Copic Markers
Follow me for more inspiration:
- Blog – https://lisamearscarddesigns.com/
- Instagram – LisaMearsCardDesigns
- Facebook – Lisa Mears Card Designs
- Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/lisamearscarddesigns/
- You Tube – https://www.youtube.com/c/LisaMearsCardDesigns