Hi Crafty Friends!
Today I’m sharing two autumn cards using distress spray stains. Spray stains are such an easy way to get a lot of ink on your cardstock for creating backgrounds, die cutting, and more. The distress spray stains come in all of the same colors as the distress inks, however, they are in a liquid spray. I picked up several different colors and will be using some of them for my cards today.
Watch my video on YouTube or below to see how I made my cards.
I started by adding several colors of the Distress Spray Stains to watercolor cardstock. Between applications, I dried the backgrounds and then added more ink. I love the look of the distress spray stains on the cardstock. It gives such depth and texture to the cardstock. Even though I used the same colors for each piece of cardstock, every background is different.
Next, I turned those backgrounds into cards. For the card below, I used one of the backgrounds with the Scrapbook.com Autumn Breeze stencil. I spritzed the stencil with water and added it to the inked background. The water moved the ink around on the cardstock, leaving the open area of the stencil without water which made those areas look darker so you can see the shape of the leaves and pumpkins. I used another background to die cut it with the Scrapbook.com Autumn Leave dies. I added a sentiment from the Scrapbook.com Hi Fall Stamp Set.
For the card below, I added the leftover die cut leaves to a card to create the look of pattern paper and added a sentiment from the Scrapbook.com Hi Fall Stamp Set in the middle. I love the look of the die cut leaves against the white background. I think the white background really makes the leaves “pop”!
If you would like to see more inspiration using the Scrapbook.com Hi Fall stamp set, be sure to check out the Scrapbook.com Gallery where you can find a lot more inspiration. You can visit the gallery here.
Thank you for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!
1. Scrapbookcom Hi Fall Stamp Set
2. Scrapbookcom Autumn Breeze Stencil
3. Scrapbookcom Autumn Leaves Die
4. Distress Spray Stains
Spiced Marmalade, Crackling Campfire, Peacock Feathers, Rustic Wilderness, Mustard Seed
5. Distress Sprayer
6. Distress Watercolor Cardstock
7. Scrapbook.com Rainbow Glitter Cardstock A2
8. Hero Arts Infinity Dies, Square
9. Spellbinders Gold Gems
10. Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue
11. Spellbinders Platinum Diecutting and Embossing Machine 8.5″ Platform
12. Misti Stamping Tool
13. Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen Clear Overlay
14. Versafine Onyx Black Ink
15. Wendy Vecchi Make Art Stay-tion
Follow me for more inspiration:
- Blog – https://lisamearscarddesigns.com/
- Instagram – LisaMearsDesigns
- Facebook – Lisa Mears Designs
- Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/lisamearsdesigns/
- You Tube – https://www.youtube.com/c/LisaMearsDesigns
- Etsy – https://www.etsy.com/shop/LisaMearsCardDesigns
2 thoughts on “Distress Spray Stains – Autumn Cards”
These are GORGEOUS, Lisa! Thanks so much for the video and the excellent instruction. You are a natural teacher!!
Lori S in PA
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much Lori!